February 26, 2009 Leave a comment
February 23, 2009 Leave a comment
February 19, 2009 Leave a comment
February 15, 2009 Leave a comment
- The technique we previously mentioned of using SharePoint to share their contact list proved to be bandwidth intensive. Outlook syncs those shared SharePoint resources in a manner we did not predict and as a result, there was an excessive amount of activity going on. So we’ve had to remove this feature for all but the most critical users. We still have the option of using something like powershell to punch the items into their AD’s GAL so we sync them back up that way. But for now that’s on hold.
- There were some issues with the email going live. The MX records were propogating in about an hour, but it was another 5 hours before email was flowing in unrestricted. We spent some time on the phone with Exchange Hosted Services support and in the end it turns out that it was a unexpected replication delay in Microsoft’s Data Center.
So the client is up and running now and it pleased by the cost savings they’re going to start experiencing very soon. I’m pleased that things went comparitively smoothly.
My next challenge, CE development! I started at a new client this past week and I’m digging into their Windows CE application and helping them out. This engagement will present a whole new set of challenges.
February 5, 2009 Leave a comment